Yacht charter Spain
How to rent a yacht in Spain ? What is worth remembering when deciding on a sailing holiday in this beautiful country? In the following text you will find useful information on issues such as rental costs and particularly recommendable locations. You will also find out what is the best time to charter a yacht in Spain.
Yacht rental Spain - why is it worth it?
More and more people decide to rent a yacht in Spain . Hence the growing popularity of this location. It is certainly influenced by factors such as:
- excellent sailing conditions,
- friendly, although diverse climate,
- a wide range of local attractions and monuments,
- excellent cuisine.
Add to this wonderful beaches, well-adapted infrastructure and quite affordable prices - what more could you ask for? All this makes it a perfect country to spend a sailing holiday, even for people who set foot on board for the first time.
Charter in Spain - how to choose a location?
When planning to rent a yacht in Spain , it is worth considering which region we plan to start with. It should be borne in mind that it is a large country with a diverse coastline, so sailing conditions in individual regions may differ significantly. The most popular locations to start your yacht charter in Spain are:
- Catalonia, especially around Barcelona,
- the Balearic Islands, and in particular Mallorca,
- Canary Islands.
Importantly, each of these locations can be relatively easily reached by plane, even the so-called low cost airlines:
- you can fly to Barcelona without transfers, and connections are made every day,
- in the Balearic Islands, the easiest way is to get to Mallorca. Flights take place from Poland, but it is also worth considering a connection from Berlin,
- low-cost airlines fly to the Canary Islands from Poland. Thanks to them, you can get cheaply to Tenerife and Gran Canaria.
See the best yacht charter deals in Spain. Our comparison of yacht rental offers in Spanish ports allows you to find the most interesting proposals and safely charter a yacht. You need help? Our consultants will be happy to help you choose the right offer!
Weather in Spain
Although most of us associate this country with eternal holidays and the sun, it is worth bearing in mind that the climate in individual regions is quite diverse. In fact, this is very good news for sailors - not everyone likes hot weather, and sailing in cooler weather can also be very pleasant.
In summer, the whole coast of Spain is of course sunny and warm; an exception to this rule may be the north-western part of the country, where it is more humid, there are rains and it is usually slightly cooler.
On the other hand, in the Balearic Islands, temperatures in excess of 30 degrees in summer are not uncommon. On winter days, thermometers rarely show less than five plus lines.
The Canary Islands are an interesting weather enclave. Although they are relatively close to Africa, it is not particularly hot there: the temperature hovers around 20 degrees Celsius all year round, and the thermal inversion caused by the trade winds means that clouds and precipitation are extremely rare.
How to rent a yacht in Spain?
To start with, the good news: chartering a yacht in Spain is really simple. What's more, the sailing season in this country lasts all year round, so you don't necessarily have to "aim" at your holiday. There are many more options.
A very interesting proposition is, for example, replacing a skiing trip with a cruise around the Canary Islands: as we have already mentioned, there is eternal spring. Instead of freezing on the slopes, you can enjoy the sun and pleasant temperatures of 19-22 degrees Celsius in the middle of winter.
You should start renting a yacht in Spain by entering our search engine and specifying such elements as:
- type of boat (age, number of cabins),
- charter date.
Then all you have to do is choose the most interesting offer, click the "pre-book" button and leave your contact information. Thanks to this, the consultant will prepare the best offer for us and draw up a contract. Then all you have to do is make an advance payment and you can start packing for the cruise of your life.
Cheap yacht charter in Spain
Can you count on a price reduction when deciding to rent a yacht in Catalonia, the Balearic Islands or the Canadian Islands ? Of course. Generally, Spain is a relatively cost-friendly country.
In addition, if you want to save money, you can use the following options:
- first minute – we usually plan the charter in advance. If we decide early enough, we will get a larger selection of yachts and much lower prices,
- booking during the fair - thanks to this you can easily compare the prices of different shipowners, and get attractive discounts at the same time,
- social media. By following the emerging entries on a regular basis, you can find real gems at very favorable prices.